Musée Magazine wants to see how you reveal yourself in our *Take Your BestSelf Portrait *contest. Post a photo on Instagram using the hashtag #museegram that shows us who you are in your favorite light.
We’ll pick our favorite submission and announce the winner on all of our social networks after the contest ends on April 22, 2013. The winner will receive a featured guest spot on Musée Online and our social network platforms.
See below for the full details, rules and regulations for this contest. We promise that we will not share your data with anyone else.
*Rules and Reg*
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. OPEN ONLY TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES AND DISTRCIT OF COLUMBIA, 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OVER. INTERNET ACCESS REQUIRED.
THIS CONTEST IS IN NO WAY SPONSORED, ENDORSED OR ADMINISTERED BY, OR ASSOCIATED WITH INSTAGRAM. YOU UNDERSTAND THAT YOU ARE PROVIDING YOUR INFORMATION to Musée Magazine. THE INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE WILL ONLY BE USED IN ASSOCIATION WITH THIS CONTEST.
ODDS OF INCLUSION WILL DEPEND ON THE TOTAL NUMBER OF SUBMISSIONS RECEIVED. BY PARTICIPATING IN THE CONTEST, YOU AGREE TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES, WHICH ARE A CONTRACT, PLEASE READ CAREFULLY BEFORE SUBMITTING. WITHOUT LIMITATION, THIS CONTRACT INCLUDES INDEMNITIES TO THE RELEASED PARTIES FROM YOU AND A LIMITATION OF YOUR RIGHTS AND REMEDIES. BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS CONTEST AND UPON SUBMISSION OF ANY IMAGE YOU ARE CONSENTING TO Musée Magazine USING THE IMAGE IN ANY FORM AND IN ANY MEDIA AND YOU THEREBY WAIVE ALL RIGHTS TO SUCH IMAGE.
1. CONTEST PERIOD: The “TakeYourBestSelf-Portrait” Contest (the “Contest”) BEGINS AT 5:00 P.M. EST on March 21st, 2013 AND ENDS AT 12:00 A.M. EST on April 22nd, 2013 (the “Submission Period”).
2. ELIGIBILITY: Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents who are physically located in one (1) of the fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia (NOT including residents of Utah, Puerto Rico, all U.S. Territories and Possessions and overseas Military Installations), age eighteen (18) or older at time of entry. Employees and their immediate family members (defined as spouses, parents, siblings or children) of Musée Magazine (“Sponsor”) and their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, retailers, distributors, wholesalers, and advertising and promotion agencies are not eligible. All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply. Void elsewhere and where prohibited by law. All Participants (as defined below) agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the selection committee and the Sponsor shall be final and binding. All Participants must release Sponsor, Instagram, and their respective parent and affiliated companies and all other businesses involved in this Contest (“Released Parties”), as well as the employees, officers, directors, shareholders, representatives, agents, successors and assigns of each, from all claims, liability, law suits, costs, expenses, fees, injuries (including death), losses, and damages relating to their participation in Contest. Void where prohibited or restricted. Participation is contingent on fulfilling all requirements in these Official Rules.
3. HOW TO PARTICIPATE IN THE CONTEST: INTERNET ACCESS TO INSTAGRAM ACCOUNT NECESSARY TO SUBMIT. The Contest can only be accessed online. To participate in the Contest, each Contest participant (“Participant”) must post an Instagram image that represents their idea of Self-portrait and tag their image using the hashtag #museegram for each post or “Submission”. This must be done during the Submission Period and Participants must follow the Submission instructions which include, but are not limited to, Participant logging into Participant’s account(s), and becoming a follower (Instagram) of @museemagazine, which includes verification that Participant is 18+ years of age.
All Submissions through Instagram with the #mussegram or @museemagazine will not be returned or acknowledged. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the administration of the Contest. Should a dispute arise regarding the identity of the Participant, the authorized account subscriber of said Instagram account at the time of Submission will be considered the Participant. “Authorized account subscriber” as it relates to Instagram is defined as the natural person who is assigned the account by Instagram. Potential Participants may be required to show proof of being the authorized Instagram account holder. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, damaged or misdirected entries.
4. IMAGE SELECTION: Submitted images will be reviewed a winner will be selected by Musée Magazine, Contest Sponsor on April 26, 2013 from all eligible entries received the Sponsor’s judging panel, whose decisions are final and binding in all matters relating to this Contest. The images will be released on May 1st, 2013.The potential images will be selected from all eligible Submissions received during the Submission Period. Odds of selection depend on the number of eligible Submissions received during the Submission Period. All Submissions and potential images are subject to review and approval by Sponsor and administrator, whose decisions are final and binding. No compensation will be paid.
By submitting an image, the Participant (1) represents that Participant owns all rights in the image; and (2) irrevocably grants Sponsor the right and permission (except where prohibited by law) to use the image as well as Participant’s name, likeness and biographical information in any media throughout the world in perpetuity for purposes of advertising, online posting, promotion and publicity in connection with the Contest without additional compensation. The winner of the contest will be required to available for interview and photo submission for the Musée Online feature.
5. Contest Prize: Grand Prize (1): The winner will receive a featured guest spot on Musée Online and our social network platforms.
8. PARTICIPANT NOTIFICATION: Selected Participants will not be notified of their selection prior to the release of the images on May 1, 2013. By utilizing the # museegram Participants are agreeing (1) to have their photo included in a slideshow, if selected by Sponsor, and (2) to these Official Rules.
10. GENERAL: Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to disqualify any individual who is found to be, or suspected of, acting in violation of these Official Rules. If for any reason this Contest is not capable of running as planned, or if this Contest, Instagram or any Website associated herewith (or any portion thereof) becomes corrupted or does not allow the proper execution of the Contest and processing of Submissions in accordance with these Official Rules, or if infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, actions by Participants, fraud, technical failure, or any other causes, in the Sponsors’ sole opinion, corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Contest, the Sponsors reserve the right, at their sole discretion, to disqualify any individual implicated in such action and/or to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this Contest or any portion thereof. In the event Sponsor is prevented from continuing with the Contest as contemplated herein by any event beyond its control, including but not limited to fire, flood, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, terrorist threat or activity, war (declared or undeclared) or any federal, state, or local government law, order, regulation, or order of any court or other cause not within Sponsor’s control, Sponsor shall have the right to modify, suspend, extend or terminate the Contest. If a cancellation, termination, modification, or suspension occurs, notification will be posted at the Submission Sites. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify Participants who violate these Official Rules or interfere with this Contest in any manner and terminate such Participant’s eligibility to participate in the Contest. Any attempt by a Participant or any other individual to deliberately damage the Submission Site or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest is a violation of criminal and/or civil laws and should such an attempt be made, the Sponsors reserve the right to seek damages and other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
11. RELEASE AND LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: By participating in the Contest, Participants agree to (i) comply with these Official Rules including all eligibility requirements; and (ii) release, defend, indemnify, and hold harmless Released Parties and Instagram from any and all liability, claims, actions, injury, death, loss or damage of any kind resulting from participating in this Contest or from participating in any Contest-related activity. The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by Participant error or by any of the equipment associated with or utilized in the Contest; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the Submission process or the Contest; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest or the processing of submissions; (5) late, lost, undeliverable, damaged, misdirected or stolen mail; or (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from Participant’s participation in the Contest. The Released Parties are not responsible for misdirected or undeliverable entries or for any technical problems, malfunctions of computer systems, servers, providers, hardware/software, lost or unavailable network connections or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmission or any combination thereof. Released Parties are not responsible for any typographical/other error in entries, selection announcement or for any liability for damage to any computer system resulting from participation in, accessing or downloading information in connection with this Contest.
12. SUSPENSION / MODIFICATION / TERMINATION: In the event Sponsor is prevented from continuing with the Contest by any event beyond its control, including, but not limited to: fire, flood, epidemic, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, communications or equipment failure, utility or service interruptions, riot or civil disturbance, terrorist threat or activity, war (declared or undeclared), interference with the Contest by any party, or any federal state or local government law, order, or regulation, order of any court or jurisdiction, or other cause not reasonably within Sponsor’s control, Sponsor shall have the right to modify, suspend or terminate the Contest. Sponsor additionally reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion: to modify, suspend or terminate the Contest should causes beyond Sponsor’s control corrupt or interfere with the administration, integrity, operation, security or proper play of the Contest.
13. DISPUTES: Except where prohibited, Participants agree that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with Participating in this Contest, but in no event attorneys’ fees; (3) under no circumstances will Participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and Participant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased; and (4) Participant waives all right to trial by jury. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the Participant and Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York, U.S.A. without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules.
14. SPONSOR: Musée Magazine, 310 Street, Suite 22K, Manhattan, NY 10013. This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Instagram. Participants are providing information to Musée Magazine and not to Instagram.
Abbreviated Rules: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF SELECTION. ODDS OF SELECTION WILL DEPEND ON THE TOTAL NUMBER OF SUBMISSIONS RECEIVED. MUST BE 18 YEARS OR OLDER TO ENTER.
Contest open only to legal residents of the U.S. (excluding Utah). Begins: at 5:00 P.M. ET on March 21, 2013 AND ENDS AT 12:00 A.M. ET on April 22nd, 2013. The selected Participants will not be notified [of their inclusion prior to the release of the images]. Slideshow will be released on the Museemagazine.com website by May 1, 2013. For Official Rules visit Museemagazine.com.
15. Musée Magazine, 310 Greenwich Street, Suite 22K, Manhattan, NY 10013. For the name of the winner, or to submit any other questions or comments relating to the contest, contact email@example.com